As a professional B2B marketer I have been associated with the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (IDM) and Direct Marketing Association (DMA) for many years now. In that time and in fact throughout my near 20 year marketing career, I have never witnessed a subject like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that has caused so much discussion, confusion, anticipation and warranted the need for education.
Any mention of GDPR always creates a discussion but mostly results in more questions. There are many videos offering advice on GDPR and there are countless courses to help companies navigate their way through the regulation to ensure that they are compliant by 25th May 2018. But which one of these provides the correct guidance to ensure your business is on the path to GDPR compliance?
I was recently asked by the team at B2B Marketing to develop an educational training session that would help their audience of B2B marketing professionals understand the steps necessary for successful GDPR implementation.
Drawing on my experience as the Vice Chair of the DMA’s Responsible Marketing Committee and Vice Chair of the IDM’s B2B Marketing Council, I have developed the following program which provides a great overview of GDPR
The following topics are covered:
- Getting started with GDPR
- What is GDPR and when will it come into force?
- The six GDPR principles and frequently-used jargon (legitimate interest, personal data, and consent)
- How will GDPR affect future marketing programmes: challenges and opportunities?
- Areas of potential risk and how to tackle them
- Refreshing your database and running a plan for continuous management
- Following the six principles of GDPR in existing marketing campaigns
- Preventing potential data security breaches
- Checking vendors, suppliers and other marketing vendors’ data policies
- Raise awareness internally
- Writing a compliance action plan for marketing and sales
- Presenting to the marketing and sales team
- Appointing a data protection officer
- Recognising when you need external legal advice
- Exploring the opportunities and benefits of GDPR
- Introduction to permission marketing
- Top tips for running a re-engagement campaign
- Implementing alternative marketing activities
The session dates are Thursday 5th October 2017, 7th December 2017, 18th January and 8th February 2018 www.b2bmarketing.net/en-gb/training/gdpr-implementation